Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2014

You will be helped, no matter who you are


Following the very sad and sudden death of Robin Williams and additional inspirational celebrities deaths, such as Peaches Geldof and Amy Winehouse, I have came to realise that money can never buy you happiness, love and security.

Pretty much all my life I have had the dream to one day become successful and rich and then I actually believed I would be truly happy. I think this is a common belief that most people adopt, that money will solve all of their problems, when in fact money itself creates bigger problems, drugs and alcohol being two main addictions that people with a lot of money and not a lot of happiness can become vulnerable to.

The fact is that money is the root of all evil. No matter how much money you have you can never be truly happy unless you accept who you are and be content with who you are. There are so many people I know who use money as a token of friendship, love and success, and these people I know to be unhappy with themselves. I don't know where I'm going with this post, I just had to get it off my chest. The death of an amazing actor, a beautiful young woman with a family and one of the most talented singers in the world has enlightened me to understand the concept of fame, money and success in a completely different manner.

Maybe I understand these factors in life in a not so ignorant way to see that having all the money in the world can't make you happy, it can't buy you friendship and it can't buy you love. I believe society views celebrities in a very naive manner - myself included - to think that these people do not suffer in the same ways that we suffer because they have money. At the end of the day, we all suffer, no matter who we are and how much cash we own. I just hope from the horrible deaths of such inspirational people that some good can come from bad, that depression as an illness will become more widely acknowledged and those who suffer will gain the support and security they need and deserve, no matter who they are.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Details are on my blog ForeverExceptional

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik